COVID-19 Service Level Advisory
Building Permit applications will be accepted with the following guidelines below:
- Building Permit applications must be dropped off at the Ingram Street office lobby Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. excluding Statutory Holidays. Applications must include all required paperwork and 2 sets of drawings. A drop box located in CVRD front lobby is provided, a one day quarantine may apply.
- Building Permits also should be submitted electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees accepted at this time are debit, cash or cheque payable to the Cowichan Valley Regional District, We DO NOT accept credit card for fees. *Cheques need to be clearly marked with a Building Permit number and address*
- Building Inspectors will notify clients when a permit is ready to be picked up, payment is due at that time. Clients will be instructed on how to proceed further.
To book an inspection or appointment:
We require 24 hours notice to book an inspection. Building Inspectors DO NOT book inspections, please call or email:
Inspections & Enforcement Division
Phone: 250.746.2610 (messages are checked regularly)
Building Officials are responsible for building inspections mandatory under the Cowichan Valley Regional District Building Bylaw. These inspections are required at various stages of construction, and the inspection records are kept on file by the Building Official for future reference. Inspection records provide an independent third party verification of no longer visible building elements located within a building or structure.
List of required inspections for building permits.
- General Requirements for Building Permit Applications
- Building Permit Application Fillable
- Demolition Permit Application - Fillable
- Portable Container Siting Permit
- Farm Building Siting Permit
- Riparian Areas Regulation Declaration Form
- Agent Authorization File Request Form