COVID-19 Service Level Advisory
While CVRD staff continue to process current applications, new applications will also be accepted. The CVRD administrative office has re-opened in a limited capacity, applicants are asked to follow the guidelines below:
- Building permit applications may be submitted electronically in PDF format to email@example.com, and dropped off at the Ingram Street office lobby Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. excluding Statutory Holidays. Please note that paperwork dropped off will be quarantined.
- Fees accepted at this time are debit, cash or cheque payable to the Cowichan Valley Regional District, We DO NOT accept credit card for fees.
- Inspections will be conducted with only one site supervisor or designate present.
- Please contact inspector for inspections on Occupied Buildings, (re: safety protocols).
More detailed information can be found here.
Building Officials are responsible for building inspections mandatory under the Cowichan Valley Regional District Building Bylaw. These inspections are required at various stages of construction, and the inspection records are kept on file by the Building Official for future reference. Inspection records provide an independent third party verification of no longer visible building elements located within a building or structure.
List of required inspections for building permits.
- General Requirements for Building Permit Applications
- Building Permit Application Fillable
- Demolition Permit Application - Fillable
- Portable Container Siting Permit
- Farm Building Siting Permit
- Riparian Areas Regulation Declaration Form
- Agent Authorization File Request Form