Picnic Shelter Reservations
PICNIC SHELTERS AVAILABLE FOR RESERVATION
There are picnic shelters available for exclusive reservation at the following CVRD parks:
- Bright Angel Park (Upper Shelter & Lower Shelter);
- Glenora Trails Head Park; and
- Elsie Miles Park.
HOW TO COMPLETE A PICNIC SHELTER RESERVATION
- Reservations must be completed online a minimum of 7 days in advance of your rental date.
- To submit a reservation request, access CVRD's online registration system via the RecCowichan registration portal here.
- If you already have a RecCowichan account, use the same log-in. Otherwise, create a new account.
- Online reservations are secure and must be paid by credit card.
- Once you have submitted your online reservation, you will receive an email notification that the CVRD has received your request. Once your request has been approved by the CVRD, you will receive a reservation confirmation email. Please allow a few days for your request to be processed.
- On the day of your reservation, please have your confirmation email available (on your device, or a paper copy), in the event it is requested.
- Reservations can be made up to one year in advance.
- NOTE: Once a picnic shelter reservation request has been submitted, changes to your reservation details are not permitted. Additional information is detailed below.
PICNIC SHELTER INFORMATION AND PHOTOGRAPHS
Select any of the tabs above to learn more about the picnic shelters available for reservation in CVRD parks. You can also visit the park webpages for additional information about each park, including the location and amenities available.
Bright Angel Park has two picnic shelters available for reservation (the Upper Picnic Shelter and the Lower Picnic Shelter). The park's facilities include flush toilets, potable water and parking. Bright Angel Park also features a pedestrian suspension bridge that crosses the Koksilah River, walking trails and a playground.
Upper Picnic Shelter:
Lower Picnic Shelter:
Glenora Trails Head Park has one picnic shelter available for reservation. The park's facilities include flush toilets, potable water and parking. Glenora Trails Head Park also features a zipline and playground.
- Located next to washroom building, adjacent to playground (map)
- Picnic table seating for approximately 40 people (6 standard picnic tables)
- Charcoal BBQs (bring your own briquettes)
- Maximum capacity for reservation is 60 people
The Shawnigan Pavilion, located at Elsie Miles Park, is available for reservation at no charge. The park's facilities include one outhouse and parking. There is no running water or power available for use at the Shawnigan Pavilion.
- Located near the Shawnigan Lake Community Centre parking lot, surrounded by open grassy area
- Main parking located at the Shawnigan Lake Community Centre (access via Shawnigan Lake Road)
- Picnic table seating for approximately 20 people (3 regular picnic tables)
- Maximum capacity for reservation is 40 people
For questions regarding reserving the Shawnigan Pavilion, please contact the Shawnigan Lake Community Centre at: 250.743.1433 or email.
RATES AND HOURS
The rates for picnic shelter reservations at Bright Angel Park and Glenora Trails Head Park are as follows:
- 1-25 people: $10 per hour
- 26-40 people: $15 per hour
- 41-60 people: $20 per hour
The Shawnigan Pavilion is available for reservation at no charge.
Summer reservation hours (April through September): 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Winter reservation hours (October through March): 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND RESERVATION CHANGES
- Cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the reservation date shall be subject to a 25% charge of reservation fees.
- Cancellation made less than 72 hours prior to the reservation date shall result in no refund.
- The CVRD reserves the right to cancel or alter a reservation or terms and conditions should circumstances arise that necessitate cancellation or scheduling changes.
Once a picnic shelter reservation request has been submitted, changes to your reservation details are not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, changes to your rental date, rental time, group size and the addition or removal of firewood. Please ensure that you have your event information confirmed when submitting your request.