Book an Inspection
When booking an inspection by telephone or email, please provide staff with the permit number and/or address of construction, type of inspection requested and the date requested for the inspection.
Contact Building Inspections: 250.746.2610 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The approved 'field copy' of the plans must be on site for inspection
- Always quote your Building Permit number when booking inspections
- Please consult with your Building Inspector to determine what additional documents may be required at the time of Occupancy and Final Inspections
COVID-19 Service Level Advisory
Building Permit applications will be accepted as follows:
- Building Permit applications must be dropped off at the Ingram Street office lobby Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. excluding Statutory Holidays. Applications must include all required paperwork and 2 sets of drawings. A drop box located in CVRD front lobby is provided, a one day quarantine may apply.
- Building Permits also should be submitted electronically in PDF format to email@example.com.
- Fees accepted at this time are debit, cash or cheque payable to the Cowichan Valley Regional District, We DO NOT accept credit card for fees. *Cheques need to be clearly marked with a Building Permit number and address*
- Building Inspectors will notify clients when a permit is ready to be picked up, payment is due at that time. Clients will be instructed on how to proceed further.