Welcome to the Career Centre
Employment Opportunities are posted as they become available to the public and may be advertised in local papers or on social media.
Work Where You Live
Consider bringing your talent to our dedicated team providing diverse services to the community. We promote a healthy and supportive workplace and offer:
- career and professional development
- competitive wages and benefits
We look forward to speaking with you about employment opportunities.
Types of Employment Opportunities:
- Regular Full Time, Regular Part Time
- Temporary Full Time, Temporary Part Time
- Casual - (may be on-call, ongoing or seasonal in nature)
- Summer Young Worker
Sample Areas of Employment:
- Water Management (such as sewer and water utilities and Engineering Technologists)
- Recycling & Solid Waste Management (such as Environmental Technologists, Recycling Facility Leaders, Truck Drivers and Equipment Operators)
- Environmental Services (such as Environmental Analysts)
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and GIS
- Human Resource / Payroll / Occupational Health & Safety
- Recreation (such as Programmers, Program Assistants, Child & Youth Workers, Skate Patrol, daycare/preschool/childcare)
- Food & Beverage
- Arts & Culture (such as Performing Arts Centre and Theatre)
- Transit Planning
- Facility Maintenance (such as maintenance and ice making)
- Public Safety Services (example emergency preparedness)
- Land Use Services (community planning, development services)
- Parks & Trails
- Building/Plumbing Inspection and Bylaw Enforcement
- Economic Development
Learn More about the Human Resources Division
The Human Resources Division is a group of passionate professionals who take pride in making a difference in the lives of the people working at the CVRD.
We provide support, facilitation, and coaching in the areas of:
- Staffing (recruitment)
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Payroll and Compensation Management
- Employee Labour Relations
- Employee Wellness and Occupational Health & Safety
- Organizational Learning and Development
Our purpose is to ensure we have diverse, motivated, and skilled people working together to deliver effective services to the community.
We aspire to be client focused, solution oriented, innovative, and creative in the delivery of our HR Services.
The principles that drive us are: