Sport and Recreation Fair
The first annual Sport and Recreation Fair was indeed a fair to remember! Thank you to all the teams, clubs and organizations that shared their activities with the guests. A huge shout out to our amazing volunteers, and the hard working Sportsplex maintenance staff, who all made sure the day went smoothly.
Thank you Cowichan residents for coming out and supporting the event! It was great to see so many smiling, inquisitive and interested folks of all ages enjoying the day.
We are already revving up with ideas for the next Sport and Recreation Fair!
First Annual Cowichan Sport and Recreation Fair
Saturday, May 14 11am to 3pm
This FREE, hands on, festive event will be fun for people of all ages. Local sports and recreation groups will be demonstrating their activities along the infield of the track at the Cowichan Sportsplex and inviting you to try them! Additional special themed presentations will be featured throughout the day.
This is the perfect opportunity to pick up a hobby, meet new friends or just have some fun!
Food trucks, mascots and prizes will all be there for this once a year, outdoor event. Perfect for the whole family! Take the opportunity to discover all the great activities in our communities, start booking your calendar and register for programs. Rain or shine, we are looking forward to seeing you there!
- Cowichan Bowmen Archery
- Dirt Groms Mountain Biking - Free Bike Check for Kids!
- Cowichan Trails Stewardship Society
- Barre None Dance Studio
- Nanaimo Night Owls Baseball
- Burnt Bridge Classic Gravel Fondo
- Cowichan Tribes Kick Boxing and MMA
- Duncan Dynamics Gymnastics
- Cowichan Capitals Hockey
- Cowichan Valley Minor Hockey
- South Cowichan Lawn Tennis Club
- Island Kung Fu
- Cowichan Rugby Club @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- MacDowell Rugby Academy
- Ceevacs Running Club
- Cowichan Valley Soccer
- Duncan Swim Team
- Duncan Table Tennis
- Cowichan Ultimate Frisbee
- Pacific Sport Wheelkids Program
- Cowichan Valley Wrestling Club
- CVRD Recreation
- Special Olympics BC
- Brass Knuckles Roller Derby Dames
- Cowichan Valley Slo Pitch @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Times are approximate
- Noon: Dirt Groms Mountain Biking Ramp Demo
- 12:30PM Duncan Dynamics Gymnastics Demo
- 1 PM: Ceevacs Running Mini Relay
- 1:30PM: Cowichan Valley Soccer U12 Girls Team Demo
- 2 PM: Ultimate Frisbee Game @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
For more information, please call or email us:
CVRD Sports Tourism:
Cowichan Sportsplex: Chris Jaycox