Woodley Range Water System
Source, Treatment and Distribution
The source water for Woodley Range water system is groundwater wells. The wells have very limited capacity therefore an aggressive water conservation program is required for the water system to maintain a sustainable water supply. In the dry, summer months the water supply must be supplemented by bulk water delivery to ensure adequate water levels are maintained in the reservoir for fire protection.
The water receives chlorine disinfection before being stored in the 327 m3 water reservoir and fed to the system as required by customers.
Due to a limited water system source, Woodley Range water system is under STAGE 3 Water Restrictions throughout the year.
Water Quality Tests
Woodley Range water system is sampled, at a minimum, once a week. The following table shows the sampling frequency and parameters tested for the water system:
|Weekly||Bacterial (E.Coli and Total Coliforms)||Samples are submitted to the Island Health Authority for testing by a provincial laboratory|
|Annual||Full spectrum analysis based on the Canadian Drinking Water Guidelines. Sampling of the source and distribution is alternated each year.|| Bureau Veritas
Testing results can be found in the Annual Water Report completed each year
Fee StructureWoodley Range is a fully metered water system and each connection has a water meter that records water consumption. Water meters are read every three months and customers are charged according to their consumption. The low water allotment per property is a reflection of the very limited source water.
|Billing Period||Meter Reading Date||User Fees*
minimum payment (up to 25m3)
Minimum Annual Fee
(User Fee and Parcel)
|November 1 - January 31||February 1||$200.00||$800.00||$1600.00|
|February 1 - April 30
|May 1 - July 31||August 1||$200.00|
|August 1 - October 31||November 1||$200.00|
*User Fees are mailed out to each customers on the billing date stated above.
**Parcel Tax is charged once a year and is incorporated into the property tax for each customer.
Current year budget information can be found here.
Inclined Block Rate Table
|Water Use (per billing period)||Charge|
|over 26 m3||$200.00 + $10.00 per m3 over 25 m3|
User Charges may be adjusted where an undetected leak on the consumer's property has resulted in water usage greatly exceeding typical usage of water, according to the applicable classification(s) and there is no indication that water was knowingly allowed to run to waste. A request for a leak adjustment may be granted if all the following conditions are met or in extraordinary circumstances approval of the Corporate Financial Officer or the Manager.
1. The property owner has not been granted a leak adjustment in the last five years.
2. The leak was repaired within 30 days of billing or discovery of the leak.
3. Written verification describing the nature of the leakage and the action taken to rectify the problem must be received by the Manager before a leak adjustment will be granted.
Where a leak adjustment is approved, User Charge adjustments will be determined as follows:
1. If the leak is found in the service line, volumes from the two previous years, of the same billing cycle, will be averaged and charged. ie. Average of two previous summers, if leak occurs in the summer.
2. If the leak is associated with an in-home plumbing fixture or irrigation system, volumes from the two previous years, of the same billing cycle will be averaged plus 50% of the incremental water usage (between the average and the overage) will be charged to a maximum added value of $500.
3. Subsequent leaks occurring within the five years of the previous leak adjustment request will be eligible for a cap of $1,500.