Can my clients have a secondary suite in their home?

Secondary suites are permitted in many residential zones throughout the CVRD. This specific use, however, depends on the size of the property and its level of servicing (e.g. connection to water and sewer). To find out if the zoning allows a secondary suite on their property, first check the specific zone in the zoning bylaw, then confirm the size of the property meets the minimum parcel size required depending on its level of servicing. Not sure what the zoning is? Check out our Web Map!

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning?
2. How do I read a zoning bylaw?
3. What is the Web Map and how do I use it?