Can my clients have an accessory dwelling unit?

Accessory dwelling units are allowed in many zones throughout the CVRD (with the exception of Area G). This specific use, however, depends on the size of the property and the level of servicing. To find out if the zoning allows an accessory dwelling unit first check the specific zone in the zoning bylaw, then confirm the size of the property meets the minimum parcel size required depending on its level of servicing. Not sure what the zoning is? Check out our Web Map! Please make sure to check with the Building Department for code and permit requirements prior to undertaking any work.

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning?
2. How do I read a zoning bylaw?
3. What is the Web Map and how do I use it?