Plan Your Cowichan User Guide
Plan your Cowichan is the new online engagement tool for residents and the CVRD to listen, share ideas and work together as the Cowichan Valley community grows and evolves. We want to hear from residents and value having discussions with you about how current and future projects may impact the community.
How to register to Plan Your Cowichan:
- Go to the website: https://www.planyourcowichan.ca/#!
- The register button is on the top right, please click on register to be taken to the register window. It will look like the image below:
- Fill out the required information. All form boxes with a red asterisk * are required information. Your username is publicly visible only when you choose to participate, please feel free to choose one different from your email. Your personal information will always remain confidential. Please check that you’ve entered your valid email address (check for typos, etc.).
- Once you’ve filled the required information, agree to the terms & conditions and complete the captcha (I’m not a robot). The Register button will become available to click at the bottom. Click Register. Image reference below:
- You will receive an email thanking you for signing up.
You have one more step and that’s to activate your account! You can enter a verification code or click on a linked button that allows you to complete registration.
Alternatively, if the linked button does not work, you will have a link that you can copy and paste into your browser.
We look forward to your participation in this exciting new forum! We will add more guides as needed and as they become available.
- Why did we choose this new platform?
With Plan Your Cowichan, you can help shape the Cowichan Valley’s future. There are more options for you to give feedback, ideas, choose areas on project map that are meaningful to you, and even join a community circle where you and other residents can be directly involved in giving project feedback through online guided discussions.
- Can I cancel my registration?
Yes, you can unregister and/or unsubscribe to let us know you no longer want to receive information or participate.
- What is the difference between the subscribe/stay informed box and the sign-up/register banner on a project page?
Some projects allow residents to follow project news without registering to Plan Your Cowichan. Both registered and unregistered residents may choose the “Subscribe” option to receive newsletters for example.
The sign up / register banner may be included on project pages if you have not yet registered to Plan Your Cowichan. As a registered participant you have far more engagement options with the tools available on project pages. Please note, without registering, you will not be able to participate in using certain features and tools such as registered participant surveys, adding your own idea, using map to add pins, etc.
- Will there be a return of in-person public engagement with the CVRD and residents?
In-person events for public engagement are an important and valuable forum for making community connections with one another. As Covid-19 pandemic restrictions ease, we’ll be evaluating safety measures, public enthusiasm for in-person engagement and event forum availability. When a decision is reached for the return of some in-person engagement sessions, it will be made public via CVRD website news, social media channels and other available media.